Saturday, November 28, 2009

Being a widower is something else. I figured I'd be the one to go.

There is a story in this and someday I'll add it in fiction. Why fiction? I'd rather make people laugh than cry.

I made terminal illness sad and funny in The Lost Generation. That's a piece about a terminally ill executive who learns the Hep C is going to take him -- unless he gets a liver transplant. Even then it's a 50-50 chance (at best) he'll be okay.

He was pretty rich from what he was doing, and most of it involved being a professional asshole. I do mean that he was an asshole. He just thought about himself and was rude to the world.

He dumped his lifestyle and bought a used RX-7. From there he left from New York City on a West Coast trip.

A trip between New York and Seattle, or LA, should only take three or four days. This took him longer because he picked up a hitch hiker -- one named God.

I didn't spec whether that God was like the God you probably believe in. He may have just been an interesting guy.

That sounds like a serious book but it isn't superficially. They do weird things and speak weird jokes.

They sleep with weird women.

God and girls? Just read it, okay?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home